4 . The myth of the miracle
Then there is the myth of the miracle. seems that something dramatic has to happen so you know what the will of God. has to do some signal, listen to some voice or something.
While God can miraculously talk, usually does not. In 1 Kings 19:11, 12, God speaks to Elijah, " He said, 'Go out and stand on the mountain before the Lord'. And behold the Lord passed by. A great and powerful wind tore the mountains and breaking the rocks before the LORD, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. After the fire there was a gentle and delicate sound. "
Many people I know want to " earthquakes " instead of " tremors." They want a hurricane or forest fire. Want something spectacular to know the will of God. If you usually want to know what God's will for your life, there is the gentle sound.
First is darker, then comes the gray dawn, then come the colors and shadows, and after a time is noon. And soon you're knowing God's will for your life. Proverbs 4:18 says, " the path of the righteous is like the shining sun is rising until perfect day."
5. The myth of lost opportunity
Then there is the myth of lost opportunity. You say: ''I've lost my chance. As a young man God had a plan for my life. Now I'm old, I think he probably wanted me to be a missionary and now it's too late for me . never too late for you . God has a plan for your life and at every stage of it. You may have lost the opportunity of the original plan of God for you, but I love the verse of Joel 2:25 where God says:'' I will restore the years that ate the caterpillar, aphids, the bounding and lobster .. . . " Is not that wonderful? So, if you believe you have wasted some years, let God give a fresh start.
If you lost the plan of God, just let him reprogram where it is. Not rebel against God, but also think it's too late for you if you have lost your plan.
6. The myth of the mystery
Finally there is the myth of the mystery. It is as if God were a mystery. As though God said: " I have a task for you, and I will not say what. Look and see if you find ." That is absurd. It would be like if I told my son:
"Son, there are some things I want to do. If you do, you'll be very happy, and I will reward you. If you do not, I will punish you and you will be very unhappy.
"Well, Dad, because you've told me what to do? My son would say.
"Do not tell. You can deduct it, but you'd better make no mistake.
No, no and no. That would be ridiculous. God wants you to know how you will .
Adrian Rogers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment